kokkai

Mannequin
Friday, June 27



Initially she didn't catch my eye. She was sitting in a dark corner, away from the lights all by herself, and was rather dull to be honest. I'd only noticed her when I tripped over her foot and apologised to her a moment ago. She remained silent though and didn't appear to have heard me.

Sighing, I sat down beside her. I'd spent the whole day travelling anyway and needed a breather. She didn't move or say anything still, but kept her gaze focused on something in the distance. I looked in the direction her vision was trained on, but couldn't make out what had interested her. A painting maybe? We were in a nice quiet museum on a weekday, and there were not many people milling about, even less so in this quiet spot of the museum.

"It's nice around here," I ventured. Probably one of the worst introduction lines anybody can attempt. Still no response. Good. I laid back and stared up into the ceiling.

"She's a quiet one," I thought. I like her.