kokkai

Rain
Monday, January 9

Can you hear me, that when it rains and shines,
It's just a state of mind?
Can you hear me, can you hear me?

- Rain, The Beatles
I took a walk in the rain just now.
I don't know what compelled me to do so.
It was in the wee hours at night and the park was empty,
dimly lit up by the stoic lamps.
There was only the pouring rain...
Those glistening and hypnotic drops falling from the sky.

The first step out was...liberating
Cold, wet drops falling relentlessly on your skin
in your eyes, on your hair, in your mouth.
Each drop releasing the pressures
Each drop freeing the deadlines present,
Each drop dissolving the jadedness.

I felt happy!
I sang out aloud for those few minutes!
I don't know why they hate the rain.
Why they are even...fearful...of the rain.
"Can you hear me, that when it rains and shines,
It's just a state of mind?"