kokkai

my craft.
Sunday, April 17

as much as i enjoy the pieces of boyhood i still have,
there will come a day when i will have to shred them all.
that moment could be tomorrow, or after i get out of the army,
when i turn 40, maybe when i'm lying on my deathbed, immobile and fading,
that, is the day you become a man.

manhood is not defined by whether you can be self-sufficient,
it is not defined by whether you can think much desired 'mature' thoughts (sidenote),
it is not defined by whether you have had sex,
or whether your member is bigger and longer than others.
it is not defined by a moment in life like marriage,
it is defined by you yourself.
yes, you yourself, decide what it takes to and when you become a man.
for me, it is the day i learn my craft.

i am still a boy though,
i am still trying to find my feet in this world.
i am still heavily dependent financially on my parents,
and for that i am grateful to them.
i have been ridiculed since young, partly for a rude-sounding name,
i have been labelled crazy, been beaten up,
i have not seen the world, i know nothing,
but i am trying to know something,
i am trying to learn a craft.

there will be no million dollar lady who will readily be my wife,
i have to look for the girl with whom i am to spend the rest of my life.
i hope i am not from hell, because i am not gay,
i hope i can find one girl, who will be my fair lady, one day.
i have to provide for my lady and myself, and junior myselfs hopefully,
but i am still a boy, i reiterate.
learning my craft.